Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Marriage Mishaps

It was all I could do Sunday in RS to laugh outloud at our lesson. I was struggling because my husband & I had another arguement over a variety of issues. I was mad, hurt, & trying to figure out why he was being such a jerk. Lo & behold - it was brought to my attention that I was the jerk. Not persay in those terms but it was nonetheless made know to me what I should do to fix things between us. I loved being enlightened by the spirit.

In all reality though - marriage does have it's mishaps & moments where why we made a choice may not always be so clear. Why we do & continue to do stupid things in these important relationships that thwart what the Lord's intentions are for this sacred relationship. I am way overly critical & demanding of my husband & expect soo much from a man who gives so much & gets little in respect & praise from me. Why does everone else get my best & he get the leftovers? Why I expect him to do sooo much for me when I do so little for him? Why I feel he owes me?

Why is it I am back in 1st grade again all childlike in my demands? Why can't I just love & serve him the way I should & they way I promised I would.

Mishap - yes - rewriting the stroy from here on out - yes

No comments: