Friday, July 27, 2007

Adult Interaction?

I think most of us moms, LDS or not, struggle with the lack of brain stimulation we get after we become moms. I know I have pretty much been a SAHM since I had my first baby & I feel like I am dumber than ever. First off -you have to understand that when we were in the pre-existence I am pretty sure I was at the end of the line when brains were handed out. Pregnancy does no favors for us women either. I personally feel that for each pregnancy I have lost at least a couple thousand brain cells & when you don't have much to start with - things can get pretty bad pretty fast. Now - the highlight of brain stimulation for my day is how to convince my two-year old that food does not make the best decor, or my 6-month old that she will survive for just a minute on the couch while I put brother to bed, so I can at least have some semblance of sanity when my husband comes home. I would love to have a conversation with someone where I can say more than "no" twenty times in a row with no semblance of response or recogintion of what I just said. My dear hubby wonders why I spend so much time online and I keep telling him that it is one of my favorite ways to stimulate my brain . After all, I would love tot talk to him but between school and work he is all talked out at the days end and that would explain why I am chatting right here, right now - in desperate hopes that some poor soul such as yourself will read this and have pity on me.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

i totally hear this... someone to talk to and be understood... my son lately has got the huh's... drives me cray cause i know he knows exactly what i said.

Just keep trudging along we are here for you

Leah said...

There is definitely a decrease in telephone conversations when you have more than 1 child. They usually want you right when you are trying to talk to another adult! So e-mail is the way I interact with other adults! It's wonderful. Playgroup is so nice too. Hope you're having a lovely day!

Stamp With Linz said...

My brain shrinks a little everyday...but no worries, someday these children will have to take care of me. When they ask about my hearing loss, I'll remind them that they liked to scream a lot as small children. :)

TonyaKuykendall said...

and on the flip-side, there are many times I just wish I could leave the office and go home to my son who lets me talk as long as I want, and just smiles at me with that "I don't know what you're saying or talking about, but you sure look funny when you do it" smile.