Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sacrament Mtg. Woes

Why is it that the one Sunday where almost everyone else's kiddos are quiet as mice my little man decides to be his most unruly yet? Why is it he can whiper "Amen" at the end of prayers at home yet has to shout it at the end of the sacrament prayers? Why is it the one Sunday we make the mistake of sitting near the front he manages to escape me and run up to the front and up to say hi to the speakers and bishopric?

On the other hand - I guess I should count my blessings as he loves to lead the music with his pretzels.

Sigh...someday...just maybe...I shall enjoy sacrament meeting in peace once more but I am guessing it won't be anytime soon.

6 comments:

Rebecca King said...

I know what you mean Sally. I keep reminding myself that Heavenly Father can see the effort that I am making and that I will be blessed for trying to do what is right and raise them in the gospel. It will get better, I know it! Good luck

Anonymous said...

This is one bone I have to pick too, sacrament meeting was not made for kids. I am so grateful for the young women in our ward who come and sit by us to distract and entertain our kids. Goes to show children are raised by a community not just their parents.

The other me said...

Time flies you know, now 3 of mine are grown and not active, I would pay good money to have them just in the building, even if we were in the hallway! Remember that those babies are grasping the spirit, no matter where in the building they are and you are setting an example, you are being blessed, it may not feel like it but honestly.....when you are doing your part, the Lord makes sure that you are blessed. Helen
( hwood247)

Shelly said...

the joys of sacrament w. kids... we talked two sundays ago and my son wanted to stand by daddy and sing to the congregation... good thing the bishop says almost every sunday the kids are meant to be here they draw the spirit or i think i would leave mine in the car lol

Stamp With Linz said...

I promise YOU hear your kids more than WE do...we're all sensative about the noise we're making...everyone else could care less...well until my 1 year old starts screaming & then heads turn, but otherwise no one really cares, I promise!

Dana07 said...

someday but between kids and grandkids so give it sometime!!!

dancedanasays see ya!!!