Sunday, July 29, 2007

Molly Mormons in the house?

I used to hate this LDS cliche. It wasn't until late last night when I was thinking about blogging about this very cliche that I began to see it in a very different light. For me, as many of us LDS women I'm afraid, "Molly" has always been the super mormon woman, she has perfectly behaved children, an immaculate house, 3-course meals for dinner each night (well-balanced of course), she sews beautifully, scrapbooks, bakes her own bread, has her own garden & cans everything, makes sure her family all has 72-hr kits and a well-balanced year supply of food, she always does her visiting teaching the first week of the month, fulfills her callings with zeal, does her genealogy, ....well - you get the idea. I hated "Molly" - there was no way I was ever going to be her.

I just came to a realization late last night though - I don't have to be "Molly" - in fact, our Heavenly Father & Savior would rather me not. We need to be Sally, Angell, Rachel, Lindsey, whoever we are. There in no critieria for the celestial kingdom except to be the best "we" can be. Heavenly Father will understand if my best doesn't include sewing or baking my own bread. Yes, some of these things would be great. We are asked to do some of these very things. However - there is also a time and season for what we can do at one time.

So...to answer the question in the title of this post - no ther is no "Molly" in this house. There is a Sally standing proudly tall as she tries to do all that she can do.

Signing off for now,
Sally

3 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

Beautifully put, Sally. :)

Shelly said...

i met a molly once and boy was she onery... lol i'm glad that you wrote that cause i couldn't be molly i'm not organized enough

Dana07 said...

molly is molly and your father is proud of you to be sally and not molly. Molly is good but you are somtimes BETTER!!!

loe dancedana!!!