Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mormon Mommy Madness

Yep, that's what I suffer from; aka -ppd. I guess I should start over though. I'm Sally, currently a SAHM to two lovely children ages 2 & 6 months. I really truly do love motherhood; however - I struggle with it demands almost daily & feel it sucking the life out of me it seems.

I am soooo ready to be done having kids & yet - if you are a good mormon mommy - don't you have at least 3 or more. My hubby sure thinks so. He wants a least one more - though I am pretty sure from our conversations on the matter he'd rather have 2 or 3 more. I'm like, yeah right, want me to go insane? I'm practically there.

I can't go anywhere right now without an extra set of arms & even then it's survival of the fittest - literally. Sad thing is - my 2 yr old ususally wins. He's faster, wigglier (is that a word), & has WAYYYYY more energy than I do. I am starting to wonder if it has something to do with the cereal I give him.

I already have a bone or so to pick with Heavenly Father - like why don't you get at least one extra eye & are with each child in your family. Oh wait, I just realized I already know the answer to that . We'd look so ulgy our dear hubbies just might be forced to agree that one or two kids is enough & then where would all thc choice spirits being sent to our homes go?

5 comments:

Rebecca King said...

In reference to the more children issue, leave it in Heavenly Father's hands. Use protection but don't do anything permanent unless you feel prompted to do so and if you are meant to have more children, you will. You will not be given more than you can handle. Keep in mind that Heavenly Father wants you to be the best Momma that you can be whether it is to one child or fifty, and if having more than two will really hinder that, raising two choice spirits to love and return to Heavenly Father is fine in my book. You are a great Mom Sally who constantly tries to do better and never gives up, what more could your children ask for. HUGS!

Leah said...

Sally, a "good mormon mom" doesn't have to have more than 2 kids. That's not heavenly father's plan. His plan wasn't to have x amount of children to make it into heaven!! We are all different and have different limits and needs and He knows that. If you feel that 2 is your limt now...that's fine! Sometimes it's also good to wait a while and see how you're feeling when your kids are a little older. If you still feel the same way and you feel that that is the best for you and your family, there is nothing wrong with that. Now if your hubby feels there are more children for your family to have then you'll have to pray for the same inspiration and see how you feel. If you are supposed to have more children, the Lord WILL bless you with a greater capacity. The bottom line is you can make the decison with your husband and the Lord about having more children or not. You need to be able to care for and nuture the children you have and if that is 2 that that's okay! Hang in there! Lots of Love!

Leah said...

Also hun, if you're having some ppd give yourself some time. You will feel different when things have calmed down a bit and you're feeling better. When you have a small baby it isn't the best time to decide when or if you'll have more kids! It's like labor, when you're in labor you're thinking or yelling, "I can't believe I'm doing this what was I thinking, I can't do it?" But then a few years later you think, "I can do that again!" :) Give yourself some time and call me if you need to talk!

Anonymous said...

Amen Leah. Heavenly Father knows each one of us and what we can handle and what we need. Just because you're in the Hanson family (I know, I'm in in-law too)does not mean you have to subscribe to the 4 and more club, heehee.

Stamp With Linz said...

Sweet Sally, I have no problem with saying 2 is enough for the moment...it is often more than I can handle too. They are young, just give it time & in the meanwhile- eat chocolate & give yourself some stampin' time. :)