Thursday, August 9, 2007

And you thought your family was strange...

no really - I think mine could top yours anyday. Let me share a few stories to illustrate my point.


*My family & clean sock or toliet paper fights when we were growing up. We lived in Kansas for the first few years of my life and had a fairly spacious kitchen with a high ceiling & a ceiling fan. We would throw the socks or TP at the fan & watch it be flung across the room. Someone on the other side would retrieve it & repeat the process. Interesting, huh!

*My dad - the poor man - is overrun with women in his life. One wife, one sister, five daughters, and two granddaughters - just to name a few of the most important women. Anyhow - on several occassions - he has been kind enough to let his daughters so his makeup or hair. SCARY!

*My grandmother passed away recently and it just happened to be the 4th of July when she passed on. We kept the mood light though by sharing crazy comment such as one of my favorites that my mom kept saying - "She went out with a bang!" Seriously - is that not nutty!

I am sure I could think of more to share but it's late & I am falling asleep as I write this. Anyhow - can your family top mine?

Sally

1 comment:

TonyaKuykendall said...

No, I'm the only crazy one in my family.... well, my Dad's crazy too, but that's about it.... You've met my sister, haven't you? Nothing "Crazy" about her. (except her kids)