Thursday, August 16, 2007

Homeschooling myself on homeschooling...

is my latest passion & cheap thrill. Now before you say I am crazy - hear me out. My husband & I are both unhappy with the quality & experiences we had in the public education system. I als don't want my children learning about things from their peers & educators who may have twisted or warped ways of thinking. I didn't have children just to ship them off to school for hours of precious time I could have with them. I had children to raise them & leave a legacy that I can be proud of. I love to learn and feel that if I had had more freedom & say in my own education I would be much happier with its quality than I am.


Having said that, I am not critizing anyone who uses the public school system. It has its own merits and there is much to be said about the best of the systems. I applaud the teachers who give it their heart and soul for years with little or no recognition. It's a tragedy that we don't recognize their worth and place it above that of a mvoie or tv star or that of an athlete.

No, lately my hobby is devoring any information I can get on the subject and thinking about how I want to approach homeschooling with my children. In essence - I am schooling myself as we speak.

More later,
Sally

2 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

It's not an option for me, I'm looking forward to the freedom! :) My schooling experience was excellent, so I have no complaints...good luck with the research!

Rebecca King said...

Good for you Sally =)