Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Art of Doing Nothing

My husband has mastered this pretty well. No, really. I admire this in him though it sometimes is annoying. I have a very difficult time not doing something - especially something productive. However, it seems my husband is slowly rubbing off on me after over 6 years of marriage. I don't think I have accomplished a single thing today except to wash the baby bottles.

I come from a household growing up with a mother who is ALWAYS doing something. The only time she sits still is in church or when she's sleeping (and even then she doesn't sleep much). I taught myself the art of multi-tasking & LOVE the fact that I can say I am doing laundry, changing a diaper, & talking on the phone all at the same time. I have recently however decided to slow it down just a notch & at least just try to focus on one thing at a time. I must say, it is a nice change.

Sooo...with ths in mind I must leave & get back to doing nothing.

1 comment:

Dana07 said...

sometimes doing nothing is fun but then on the other handit can also be very boring !!!!