Thursday, August 23, 2007

CampFire here I come...

Some of you may know & some of you may not but earlier this month I applied for a job for a job at CampFire. I had two interview which each went really well I felt & it seemed almost certain to me that I would get the job. I felt great about this since I really wanted the job, we need the $$, & they needed me. It seemed like a great job that would allow for some flexiblity - much needed with youg children, good $$, a great environment, fun & adult interaction , & soo much more.

I then came to the feeling that I would be okay with if I didn't get the job. I was very suprised by this as I really truly wanted the job & was pretty sure I'd be offereed the positon. I wasn't. Someone else was hired & though I was confused at all the feeling surrounding the situation - none of it made sense.

However, then came this nagging feeling that I would still get the job after I had learned I hadn't gotten it. I pushed it aside thinking that was crazy wishful thinking. It kept coming back. Out of the blue on Tuesday I got a phone call from my friend & one of the gals who works there asking if I was still interested in the job - I said yes & asked why - she said there had been some developments - she had my attention - she & her boss wanted me to come in to talk to them before 3pm if I was still interested. Everyone was asleep so I went right in. There had been some major confusion with the gal they hired on all that the job entailed so they went over the job responsiblities with me & I agreed that that was what I unserstood it to be. They said they would talk then & get back to me ASAP. I got a phone call a few hours later - they offered me the job, I accepted & tomorrow is my first day!

Did I mention I was excited?

Sally

1 comment:

Moore Fun Stories said...

Congrats on the job. I hope everything works out for you.